I can not believe I squeezed another project in today. This morning I picked out some fabrics I thought might work for a little quilting experiment but had no real intention of actually creating one today. I just thought I would have enough time to cut out a few pieces before heading off to Babi’s for our usual Sunday lunch and that would be about it. Things went faster than I expected and I even had some extra squares incase I changed my mind again, it happens alot 🙂
We got back home earlier than usual, Kakazi was having a hard time napping and I’d much rather deal with that in my own home. When we got home, she went to sleep long enough for me to sew the front part of the blanket and the rest I did while she played.
For a template, I used a 20 x 20 inch square, I conveniently had one that came with the pre-cut cuddle cakes fabrics.
First I stitched up the rows.
I ended up with 3 long pieces to put together. I then cut out the minky fabric in the same size as the quilt (I pinned the quilt part on to the minky before cutting) and sewed all the way round, except for a small gap for turning the blanket inside out.
The seams match damn near perfectly…boomshakalaka! I thinks its because I really took my time and pinned more than I usually do.
I will definitely be making more of these. Hope you like.